Yes, I do realize that it has been a full month since Things I Fancied Thursday has happened on this blog. Quite a bit has happened since then! I spent a few days in Ohio, I had my piano recital and hosted a reception for it, I saw Avengers: Age of Ultron, and I started three new books and a new crochet project. This post serves as an abbreviated overview of my life over the past month.
Not on our watch. Not on our watch will we let blinders be stapled to our hearts, not on our watch will we say we can do nothing, not on our watch will we let women be made invisible so they can be made useable inventory.
-Ann Voskamp ||
PLEASE make sure to read her blog post from this past week. It may just be the most important thing you read today.
After reading, please consider giving to the Preemptive Love Coalition or to RUN Ministries
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
1st Corinthians 2:2
I’ve been learning how to truly love people this year, which has been tough for this INTJ, and this verse has been the center of it all.
The entire Twenty One Pilots ‘Blurryface’ album. It crushed all of my expectations and then some. I believe TØP to be the most important band of my generation, and their lyrics, melodies, and concepts have yet to disappoint. So, for this week, I will leave you with multiple favorites from their new album.
- Seeing my best friend after being apart for a year.
- Meeting all of my best friend’s friends, eating the best omelette ever, learning to play Settlers of Catan, book shopping, finding three previously unowned L.M. Montgomery books, experiencing a true hippie town, celebrating my best friend and her boyfriend’s graduation, and matching outfits with Sara while we were at it.
- Getting 2,000+ likes on an Instagram photo because Starbucks liked it.
- Successfully completing another piano semester
- Watching the new Tinker Bell movie with Sho this evening
Here are all the images from the past few weeks!
YOU HAVE JUST WON A VIRTUAL HIGH FIVE