This past weekend got the best of me. I’m finding that working at 4 or 5 am messes with everything. Thankfully, I picked up 3 shifts this week (possibly 4), so I’ll learn to cope pretty quickly as long as it keeps up. Because of this, I totally missed out on two full days of the blogging challenge. I really should look into the delayed posting feature; that would be a good idea. Now you get 3-in-1, so that’s an exciting dose of Arielle! 🙂
30 Days | Day 3 – 5 Places I Want To Visit
Travel bucket lists are mean. So mean. It’s a big world out there!
- Jinja, Uganda. Yes, I have been there before, but after experiencing the U.S., Guatemala, and Austria, I can still say that it’s the most beautiful place I’ve ever been and it’s at the top of my list to visit again. I may or may not have a ping for cheap flights and have a running list of internships and job positions over there. There’s nothing like the red soil of Uganda.
- New York City. I’ve never been. It’s home to beautiful architecture and amazing art and BROADWAY and I’ve never been. Someone steal me away for a week in NYC. I need some musical theatre in my life.
- Prince Edward Island. I love Anne of Green Gables way too much to not visit this beautiful place. I’d probably just break down sobbing at each location though.
- London, England. There’s something about experiencing a new culture and city where you can actually understand the people (for the most part)! Again, amazing art and architecture and theatre. I guess that’s all I need to be happy. +5 points for amazing accents.
- New Zealand. Middle Earth. Need I say more? It just looks way too incredible to be a real place. The flight is a true commitment, but I think it would be worth it.
30 Days | Day 4 – 5 Ways To Win My Heart (Applicable to friends and more-than-friends)
- Be intelligent. If you actually think through concepts, ideas, plans, etc. before coming to a conclusion or decision, chances are that you’re awesome and I like you. Work that brain!
- Books. Read books, talk about books, recommend books, love books, give/gift me books. Books.
- Be a proactive friend. I’ve experienced way too many people who claimed ‘friendship’ but put no effort into said friendship. I appreciate people who take the time to set things up, or even text/call just because, a lot. Be a genuine, proactive friend to me and to others and YOU WIN.
- Be decisive. I’m not decisive and decisive people amaze me. You are all magicians being able to make up your mind like that!
- If you’re going to give a gift, give books, art, music, craft stuff, etc. People who give flowers make me cry, and that’s not a good thing. Flowers die, art does not. I appreciate good gift-givers.
30 Days | Day 5 – 10 Songs I’m Loving Right Now
- Alive – Sia.
- Touch – Sleeping at Last.
- Taste – Sleeping at Last.
- Forest – Twenty One Pilots.
- Live Forever – Drew Holcomb.
- Until The Levee – Joy Williams
- What I Did For Love [A Chorus Line] – Josh Groban
- Southern California Sun – Aaron Randolph
- Brand New – Ben Rector
- One Million Bullets – Sia