A few years ago, my friend Ashley from A Global Walk began publishing a list of all of the things she wanted to experience and learn before her next birthday. The number of items grows each year, so next year, I’ll have a list of 23 things.
I thought it was absolutely brilliant, though the thought of establishing 22 experiences/opportunities/routines for the list still seems a bit daunting. I came up with time constraints and schedules for most of the items on my list so I actually get them done. They’re all routines and things I genuinely want to establish, but if it’s not in the planner, it’s not going to happen!
- Read 12 books
- Visit Europe again (England, Wales, Ireland, Scotland, and Germany)
- Plan and execute a ‘self-date’ once a quarter – go see a new film, spend the day at a book store, or an afternoon at an art museum
- Memorize 22 verses of the Bible
- See a 3rd Vermeer
- Finish 1 crochet project a quarter (Basically, get rid of all of the yarn)
- Journal once a week
- Find my spot on the minimalism scale (In theory, I was born for tiny house living. I’ve just never lived in a tiny house. But I’m getting there!)
- Write a letter every week (Start checking those mailboxes!)
- Roadtrip! (A proper road trip either by myself or with friends. I’m not picky.)
- Learn 2 new pieces on the piano (Chopin + Mozart? Suggestions?)
- Collaborate with more artists on and off of HitRECord
- Blog consistently – once a month minimum
- Go apple picking
- Interview artists and business owners for the blog
- Find a good way to accurately and efficiently track expenses
- Learn and try more gluten/dairy free recipes
- Create a cookbook of favorite recipes
- Successfully follow 333 for a year
- Photograph for my ‘Alice’ series
- Begin a new photo project series (Any models interested???)
- See more sunrises than not
And there we have it! Twenty-Two is shaping up to be a full year, but intentionally so. Here’s to getting older!
I really want to do this as well! I’m going to try!